Upgrading Dell e510

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamloco724

In Runtime
first off i know dells are very limited on what you can upgrade..the main things im looking to upgrade would be the video card and if possible at all the processor..i read something abt e510 being able to use pentium d's like the 820 or 840..would this be a significant upgrade in speed from what im at now..and if you can please confirm that its possibly with the e510..now the video card i have a few questions first what benefits will i have with upgrading the video card from what i have will..my videos look clearer ?..will they load faster when i skim through?.what are the benefits?..and anything else you think i should upgrade..i dont personally thing i can or there is anything else so please help me out heres my specs

Windows: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Memory (RAM): 3071 MB
CPU Info: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
CPU Speed: 2991.0 MHz
Sound card: SigmaTel Audio
Display Adapters: Radeon X600/X550 Series | Radeon X600/X550 Series Secondary | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Monitors: 1
Screen Resolution: 1152 X 864 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: TP-LINK TL-WN821N 11N Wireless Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: HL-DT-STDVD+-RW GWA4164B | E:
COM Ports: COM3 | COM6 | COM7
LPT Ports: NOT Present
Hard Disks: C: 229.5GB | F: 465.8GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 73.5GB | F: 209.1GB
USB Controllers: 5 host controllers.
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Product Make: Dell DM051
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 01/08/07 | DELL - 7
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0WG261
Modem: Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem
Standard Modem

my videos look clearer ?..will they load faster when i skim through?
Videos will not look 'clearer' as a result of a faster video card. They might 'load faster when you skim through', I don't really see what you mean.

what are the benefits?
The main benefit from a faster video card is able to play games at higher resolutions and at higher detail settings. The ability to play HD (High-Definition) video more effectively is a plus.

However I would highly recommend against upgrading that computer, any money you spend will be wasted on it (you won't be able to increase the performance by very much) - you would be much better off saving to buy or build a new machine with a multi-core processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom