Best SSD's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The G.SKill Falcons offer very similar performance to the Vertex's at lesser of a price.

Go for the Intel. That is the first gen version but it is still a great drive. That said if you aren't in an hurry the second gen drive should be that price as well when it is back in stock.

Go for the Intel. That is the first gen version but it is still a great drive. That said if you aren't in an hurry the second gen drive should be that price as well when it is back in stock.

What is the name of the second gen. drive? The first gen. one is the Intel X25-M right?

That's weird i never really heard much about the intel SSD's, as far as i know the gskill falcons are a bit better then the vertex series, but for the most part they are pretty silimar. The newer vertex EX series are slightly better and aimed mainly for enterprise use and i tihnk they are much more expensive, but it sounds like the intel is the way to go.

Intel has always been king of the SSD market, but they've always been way too expensive...until now. PJ pretty much summed it all up. You certainly can't go wrong with a Vertex drive though.
What is the name of the second gen. drive? The first gen. one is the Intel X25-M right?
I believe it's the G2.

It is still called the X25-M however the model number has G2 in it vs G1 for the first gen drive. The new drives are also silver instead of black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom