*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

Well, this seems to be the best I can do until it gets colder or my AC is fixed.

pi_16-770.png

I was able to drop my temps about 4 to 5c with this ghetto fan setup I had...pictures later on that one, when I get my memory card reader back.

So you win, Apok...for now.

Not good enough though...if only I could get some lower temps. It would help if it wasn't 90 degrees outside and I had AC...

yeah it's been pretty hot where i am as well, i think i need to take a look at my chip to see if i need to lapp it because i'm idling @ 37c stock with water cooling, and ambient is about 75f

Rained earlier today, so it's pretty cool outside ^_^.
asdfy.png

Wish I had an i7 so I could actually have a competitive score :(

Well I'm still gonna have to do better but here's a start :D

8.578 @ 4.73GHz

8578a.jpg

You should turn off aero. Might affect your time slightly. But nice first run with the new setup.

great times hik and apok! very nice amd scores.

almost makes me wanna buy a phenom x2 build just to try to improve my amd score.

b84x1f.jpg

Finally booted into 3.8ghz. Starting to get a bit better.

My vcore is staying at 1.456V even though its set to "start up" in the BIOS. Any ideas why? I'll look through again but I restarted twice and it stayed the same. Not really a big deal but my temps are 3-4c higher now.

Edit: Got it go down finally, had to set disable all the over clock options, still not sure why it did that.

Turn up your NB to 2000, that's what it's supposed to be at stock for the chip. The board defaults to 1600 though.

Also, I think you have the TA790GX 128M, right? Or some variation. The old BIOS that came with it had that problem, you would have to zero it all out like you said. Get the updated BIOS, they have the directions for flashing it.

BIOSTAR

EDIT: @95BlackGA - That background you have, is that a standard Win7 wallpaper? I'm in Vista now, so I can't check. If it isn't, could you get me a link to it?

Back
Top Bottom