Building the ultimate gaming rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearce

Beta member
Hello all. My name is Kevin and I'm currently trying to setup the BEST gaming rig that'll work YEARS with the newest games. My budget is 1000-2000$

Currently I'm looking at some of these parts

Intel Core i7-920 4x2 processor
1,5TB Seagate Harddrive
12GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Gigabyte X58-UD4 Motherboard
Nvidia GeForce 285 Graphics card

and that's pretty much what I've found so far. I know you guys know ultimately what is best and suits a gaming pc the most, so I'm gonna ask you what you think I should get instead. (Links to said parts appreciated but not needed since I don't mind doing a little work myself :) )

I would get 6gb of 1600 ram instead. At the moment you should not need 12gb and if you do in the future it would be cheaper to purchase it then. I would recommend tho OCZ gold. Newegg.com - OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK - Desktop Memory

What psu are you getting?
you would want at least this one. Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies fi you plan on running sli in the future then look at a 750 or 850 from corsair or PC Power and cooling (whichever is cheapest at the time of purchase).

Got a link to that monitor so we can see the specs and cost?

Got a link to that monitor so we can see the specs and cost?
Since I'm an european I plan on ordering it from a german site, so that's what the site is in(german) but google translate helped me a little here

Display size: 22 "Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels, Contrast Ratio: 1000:1, brightness: 300cd / m², Response Time: 2ms, connectors: DVI, VGA 15pin D-Sub, Widescreen: Yes Max Vertical viewing angle: 160 °, Maximum horizontal viewing angle: 170 °, special features: integrated speakers, Width: 51.3cm Height: 18.2cm, depth: 36.6cm, weight: 4.3kg

Iiyama ProLite E2209HDS-1 TFT - bis 22 Zoll Preisvergleich - Preis bei GetPrice.de

The screen is just a little bonus I plan on ordering, so it shouldn't be included in the budget. Forgot to add that to the main post.

And thanks for the tip about the RAM. I'll be going with those you posted and the PSU as well.

specs look good. I was unfamiliar with the brand.
Some of my favorite brands to look at are Samsung, Acer, Asus.

I know the issues of getting computer components in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom