Buying part

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenithwolf

Beta member
Hey!

I recently bought 4 gb of ddr2 ram and xfx radeon hd4850 graphics card because I thought my mobo was good enough to handle them. But it's not and I really don't want to return either of those.

Can somebody suggest what I should do? I don't wanna spend a lot of money, so my budget is low. But I really want a rig that will use up the two things I bought. So I need suggestions on what I should do like should I go buy the rest of the parts and use my current (mid) tower to build a new one? I already have a monitor.

Never built my own pc before so need help!

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks! I live in California>San Diego.

Well seeing as how i just bought ~$200 worth of ram and graphics,

I want to spend as little as possible.

Deals on things would be nice, but I need a good processor to go with the graphics, and ofcourse a good ps. Other than that, I don't want a harddriver, I don't need a new cd-drive, I guess I pretty much need a new mobo. Tell me if my current processor is good - I have an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.4 ghz.

Hmm anything cheaper than 200? Well I don't think I mind, but would all this fit in a mid-tower? I don't think the card will even fit lol but yeah can you get any cheaper than this???

Well my current pc is this old HP pavilion, so its the default case that comes with it. Its a mid tower im sure and i tried putting the radeon card in there and it fit but BARELY and it encroached on the memory slots. Also, what do I do for the fans? Should I just use my current old ones? I ask because I don't know if they affect performance or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom