2K i7 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Pain

Solid State Member
you should always check to see if there are some combos to save you some money, even if its a little.

heres your cpu and mobo.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

and check out this here gpu/ram combo, it will work just as well.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

i think that even if you're planning to sli two 285s in the future, the 1kw psu might be overkill.
if you want to be safe, a corsair 850w will work.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

and modular Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850HX 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

And skip the Arctic Silver 5, they haven't updated the formula in years. Other companies have been making better stuff for less money. Get this instead.

Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

Your going to water cool later? What are you going to use for a heatsink now? The stock heatsink has Thermal Compound pre-applied so you don't need to buy any if your going that route. If your buying an aftermarket cooler what are you looking at?

Looks good if you go with what muffin and slay suggested. The 850HX would be a good choice for a PSU with that budget.

is it me or is that like the same thing for less?
Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer Supreme 928i Intel Core i7 920(2.66GHz) 6GB DDR3 1TB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

as for the 1000 psu, i do plan to water cool and add a nuther 285 to this thing later on after next tax time.

the combos dont save in wish list so i dont post any. but i will look at them when the time comes to buy

im going stock everything tell later when i add the water cooling. this case has good air flow as long as i dont oc anything ill be ok.

is it me or is that like the same thing for less?
Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer Supreme 928i Intel Core i7 920(2.66GHz) 6GB DDR3 1TB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

as for the 1000 psu, i do plan to water cool and add a nuther 285 to this thing later on after next tax time.

the combos dont save in wish list so i dont post any. but i will look at them when the time comes to buy

im going stock everything tell later when i add the water cooling. this case has good air flow as long as i dont oc anything ill be ok.

Similar spec'ed, however, you don't know for sure where they cheaped out.

With pre-builts, it may seem cheaper, but they usually use no-name crap parts for RAM/HDD/Mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom