Huge problem!!! 1610 Error (Only God can help me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
Hi guys,

I don't think anybody can fix this, but I have no time to format this week, so here I go:

I started yesterday.
I tried to use the "magic wand" tool in Ulead PhotoImpact 8.0
As soon as I pushed the mousebutton I got some memory error at adress ************* (some adress, can't remember)

All other tools worked fine.

So I decided to un-install Ulead PhotoImpact but it didn't werk...it kept asking me to "INSTALL" PhotoImpact instead of UN-INSTALL.

So I decided to look for any unwise, uninstall executables in the ulead, application data and localsetting/application data folders in doc&setting/TheMajor, doc&setting/Default user, doc&settings/All users etc
I also looked in program files.

I found the unwise.exe, but It only offered the option to "install" Ulead.

So I decided to ' uninstall manually':
-Deleted all Ulead&photoimpact folders manually
-ran fix-it utilities 10 times to clean the registry
-deleted all ulead&photoimapct reg-keys manually using regedit

afterwards I tried to install Ulead again and I got this message during installation at (0% finished):

"ERROR_BAD_CONFIGURATION 1610 The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel."

I have the Ulead setup.exe on two different HD's so it cannot be corrupted, i tried to install both of them.

I did a google and didn't find anything useful except that it is related to MSI installer.

I tried to install 2 different MSI versions but nothing happend....nothing.

I hope NEbody can help me with this problem. :D
Any suggestions?

do you have a valid install on another machine? If you do, you need to look at the uninstall registry key to identify where the install.log/uninstall .log is located. This will tell you what you need to know to fix the problem.
Just to give you some crap, manual uninstalls, unless you know what you are doing are incredibly stupid. I write installers and it's not as simple as what you have discribed above.

Post the .log file referenced in the uninstall string from the registry and I can probably tell you what is wrong.

The key will be in [HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\(application name)\] uninstallstring

The last key name will be either an MSI Guid or something like Ulead. You will need to go through them to find which one you need. You can use the search feature if you want, but make sure to only use the name shown in add remove programs.

ok, i will check it out ASAP, but what can u find in the log? it is from a werking version and not the one from my damagd version because i delted all keys

ok, since you are using an unwise.exe that means that this is a wise install script. Meaning that the log file contains all of the reg keys and files that are placed in the system when the application installs. Unless for some reason they are using compiled code to hide thier work. This is not unheard of. ANyway, the log will tell you of DLL's and reg keys that you would not find any other way then through this.

Inaris said:
ok, since you are using an unwise.exe that means that this is a wise install script. Meaning that the log file contains all of the reg keys and files that are placed in the system when the application installs. Unless for some reason they are using compiled code to hide thier work. This is not unheard of. ANyway, the log will tell you of DLL's and reg keys that you would not find any other way then through this.

sorry, i only used the name "unwise", actually i am not sure what it was...but I think it was an MSi because the 1610 error comes with MSI installer :D

I will come back to this issue later, because the other comp is shutdown and the owner sleeps and I don't have the pasword :(

MSI is an extension. Has nothing to do with what wrote the installer. there are a lot of companies producing MSIs with many different install builders. Wise, InstallShield, SMS, VB, C++ amoung others...
True MSI doesn't use an uninstaller aside from the msiexec. so if you deleted one, it would have a logfile.

sure does. That is my product of Choice. So you are getting this error during the install or post install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom