building a computer starting with a barebone kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya.. its definitely shorted.. the metal side on the other side of the case has shorted the back of the motherboard

They're not idiots o_O

They'll probably test it.. but if you had a warranty on it, see if it'd be voided and see if you can RMA it

Yea i got it from Newegg about 3 months ago so i just put in a RMA request to gigabyte.

So this make senses that I had a fully working computer for 3 months and just now it stops working?

If you didn't use spacers then yeah... Heat and weight probably bowed the mobo slightly, but still enough to make it short. May I ask why you didn't use the spacers?...

I'm guessing he didn't know. But you would think he would notice when the motherboard would fall out of its place when the case moved.

the motherboard never fell out of place, it was screwed into the case instead of being screwed into spacers which are screwed into the case.

so i went thro the process of sending it in for RMA and asked what was wrong with it and got this message:

"Dear customer,

Our engineers did not find anything wrong with the board. Please double check you components and sure the processor, memory, and the power supply is tested.

Thank you "

So it was not the motherboard? Ive had no computer for the last 2 months i really need to find out what this problem is..again here is the story..

Every time i would turn my computer off and try to turn it on something would not turn on with it like the mouse, keyboard and monitor. (or wireless usb adapter) I had to turn it on and off multiple times to get everything up. Also sometimes i would not get the initial beep and windows would not start. So for some reason I decided to flick the switch on the PSU off and on and then it just didnt turn on at all. It lit the lights and spun the fans for a second and shut right off.

One weird thing is if we took of the processor the lights and fans would run but not stop running. I did not have my monitor plugged in so i did not know what was happening but it was not shutting right off with the processor out. So if it is not the motherboard, is it the processor or the PSU?

im hoping to spend 100$ around to fix this on either a new (and better PSU) or a new (maybe better CPU). i was hoping to get a new montior but theres no point with nothing working..I also wanted to get the windows 7 RC but i am running out of time for that..and 2 new games are in beta which i am also missing out on ....any help ? =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom