*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

I still don't get why that happens though..

When there's one Intel chip and one AMD chip that's exactly the same performance in most situations, the SuperPi ends up being AMD's loss always... I still wonder why though.

Depending on who you talk to it is either the result of architectural differences or bias.

It's hard to claim bias when were only calculating Pi to 1M with SuperPi, a program that hasn't been updated since 2/14/2006.

^ is that your time?

Yeah, it is...still not good enough though. :\

Working on it, it's been way too hot here and my AC doesn't work. I have a giant box fan in my tiny window, then a smaller fan directing the cold air to my open case...gets me a few degrees cooler, but it's not enough.

I was able to boot 4.06ghz, load up two cpu-z instances, screencap, load up paint, paste...then it died. Wasn't able to get back in...doesn't help that it's been raining, so I'm blowing a bunch of humidity in too.

EDIT: I forgot, I did get a faster time earlier on 4.042ghz, but same deal...pasted, crashed. I think it was 16.958...which again, still not good enough.

SuperPI.png

Will get a better time soon...

My CPU was running perfectly happy at 4.1 with my new board. Basically 100% stable.
I couldn't run CPU-Z and any overclocking programs simultaneously though (since both would require low level access to the CPU)

I just need to get some sandpaper now. And try a few tweaks I haven't tried yet. See if I can get sub 16s.

Back
Top Bottom