*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

You should give me a link to that background, it looks pretty sweet.

PI likes faster RAM and timings, but it's not a deciding factor.

es6lj6.jpg

Website I got it from has a 404 :( Was a great site too. Didn't even realize it was from pink floyd until now, still love the image though.

Hate to ask the nooby questions again but which of the numbers under the timings do you change? First four or are they separate?

My MA790X-UD4P motherboard is definitely stronger for overclocking than my K9A2 Platinum was.

Though I still don't think I'm getting the temps I should be (it's in the 30's idle). Maybe I'll be able to get >4.2GHZ.

Around how many volts does it start to become more dangerous for a pII X4 940? Had mine to 1.36v and was just wondering where the "line" is for air or just the cpu in general.
They can handle a lot more volts than that (world records with LN2 are done with 1.9-2.0V). The only issue with the CPU itself is increasing volts increases temperature.
And not all motherboards can handle higher power loads.
Does super PI use a lot of ram? Cause I've done nothing to mine, set to auto still
For 1M runs, most CPU's will be utilising cache almost exclusively instead of RAM (Phenom II's have 512KB L2 cache per core and 6MB L3 cache).
For some odd reason I can't boot into 3.7ghz with cool n quiet off, but on it goes just fine. 3.8 crashes as soon as the windows loading flag starts glowing. But I was at 3.7ghz with 1.36v.
Cool'n'quiet is made to throttle the core speed down.

Back
Top Bottom