"Safe to shut down...." Error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinks

Daemon Poster
How can you get rid of "It is now safe to shut down your computer" error message?

Helping my friend out.

He's using WinXP Home with an Aopen MX6B EZ mobo, pentium 3.
And "garbage" power supply,

How can you get rid of "It is now safe to shut down your computer" error message?
Okay. First off, it's not an error message. After choosing to shut-down the computer, Windows stops all services and programs and closes out the OS. It's telling you that it is now okay to disconnect the power (turn the switch off).

Depending on your mobo and PSU, your computer will then either have to manually turned off, or will be able to turn itself off.

Like I said before, the power supply he has is some unknown brand, and his mobo is updated.

Basically, i want his system to power off completly in one step, instead of having that "It is now safe to shut down your computer" message, then press the power button to competely power off.

Are there any options that i can play with to try and have it turn off by-itself?

Like I said before, the power supply he has is some unknown brand, and his mobo is updated.
Doesn't matter if his mobo is updated or not! :mad: If his motherboard and PSU does NOT support the automatic shutoff feature, he's stuck pressing the power button.

No amount of software is going to be able to turn off the PSU if the system hardware does not support that function. Well, I take that back...You could have your software overclock your system till it burns out...then it'd be off without having to touch the power button.

there are TWO areas that I would check,,

lets not focus on the rating of the Mobo and the Power supply right now,,

Major has mentioned one area to check easily,,, in the control panel check the Power settings,,, make sure that it is set to "shut Off"

Second spot,,

in the BIOS,,(when you boot the PC,,and it says "Press del/f10 or what ever to enter setup) Once in the BIOS look for the Advanced Power settings... make the appropriate changes from the options provided

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom