Gaming PC, is it a good price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knarf

Beta member
Note to mods: Please don't delete this one, there is nothing against the rules! Thanks!

I'm buying a friends custom built gaming computer for $250. I want it for world of war craft, Call of duty, battlefield, halo, and a few other pc games. I'm currently running a dell vostro so I really do need a gaming pc. Here are the specs.

Code:
SPECIFICATIONS

A high performance PC combining advanced technology with productivity tools in a smart, reliable package. Featuring Microsoft® Windows® XP Home for a familiar and intuitive environment. Intuitively designed to meet all your connectivity needs, this desktop PC delivers a plethora of easy access connectivity features, including USB 2.0 at the front panel. Ideal for office work, home business, and gaming. This desktop PC is packed with features for maximum efficiency, and an integrated DVD/CD-ROM and DVD/CD writer.

Base processor

Intel Pentium 4 HT 570j extreme series, 2.8GHz, 800MHz Front side bus, 1M or 2MB L2 Cache,

Intel D865PERLLK

Support 1066MHz FSB and DDR 333/400
High-quality 6-channel audio brings a more vivid sound experience
Support SATA allows you to join several hard drives and increase data transfer by separating data (RAID 0) or by keeping 100% secure data duplication (RAID 1)
2GB RAM installable (3 sticks) (But due to 32-bit Windows XP OS limitation it only can show 3.24GB)

159GB of storage on 3 hard drives

SONY 22X DVD±RW & DVD-RAM, Dual-Layer

Write:
DVD+R: 22X
DVD+R DL: 10X
DVD+RW: 10X
DVD-R: 22X
DVD-R DL: 10X
DVD-RW: 8X
DVD-RAM: 12X
CD-R: 48X
CD-RW: 32X
Read:
DVD-ROM: 16X
CD-ROM: 48X

Video graphics

SAPPHIRE HD 3850 Graphics card
Maximum up to 512MB

420Watt PSU

3x 80mm Fans
2x Blue Cold Cathodes

Chieftec Dragon Full Tower Server case, Silver )2 front USB's dont Work(

So is this a good deal, or should I look elsewhere?

Is $250 a good price for this though? I'm on a tight budget, otherwise I'd probably go with a custom alienware.

Eww Alienware, overpriced junk! And no that's definitely not worth $250.

If you have some extra money to spare.. Puddle's really will trounce that rig.

Thanks for the help. I discussed it with him hes selling it to me with a new Power supply, 17" Monitor, and a Wireless mouse, and a few games. + rep to you guys for your help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom