blu ray drive and powerdvd fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok so i bought the hd/bd combo drive from newegg that includes power dvd. I get a "internal error" when trying to watch watchmen. anyone else have expericence with this drive? I'm not pleased with my jump into blu ray.

Is your graphics card HDCP, and is your monitor HDCP? HDCP is a standard for coding/decoding HD signals, Wikipedia explains it better:

High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a form of digital copy protection developed by Intel Corporation [1] to prevent copying of digital audio and video content as it travels across DisplayPort, Digital Visual Interface (DVI), High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), Gigabit Video Interface (GVIF), or Unified Display Interface (UDI) connections, even if such copying would be permitted by fair use laws.

And Sony I believe licenses this technology for Blu-Ray. So you'll need an HDCP-capable monitor and graphics card. Unfortunately it's yet another form of DRM designed to inconvenience the consumer :| Which Sony is evidently keen on.

If you do have the required hardware then I have no idea; have you tried any other BD-R discs to see if the disc or the drive is at fault? Try a DVD too.

Yes, its an 8500gt and a brand new samsung 67" tv. Sadly its the only bd movie i have right now so i cant test anything else.

Have you tried running KLite or AnyDVD HD? Dont know if they would help but it might be a option.

anydvd hd was my next option, but my parents were in town so i didnt have much time to mess with it. I'll look into klite too.

Ok so i bought the hd/bd combo drive from newegg that includes power dvd. I get a "internal error" when trying to watch watchmen. anyone else have expericence with this drive? I'm not pleased with my jump into blu ray.
What I usually do is rip the blu-ray disc to my hard drive using AnyDVD, then play the movie (the biggest file in the stream folder) using Media Player Classic: Home Cinema (using DirectX Video Acceleration)

What version of PowerDVD are you running?

I have 9 and it plays BD fine, but won't play HD-DVD, so I picked up TotalMedia Theatre and it will play everything great! I also tried Corel WinDVD 9 + BD, but kept getting errors and crashes on Win7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom