MY GAMING BUILD!!!! PICTURES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got bored of Fallout 3 but didn't get bored of Far Cry 2?

Wow you must have some good patience man.

I agree the game was realistic and really nice looking, but they made you drive too much. You go get a Mercenary quest, drive a long as heck way, go back to your buddy, listen to what (s)he has to say..

Fallout 3 wasn't my thing either, its ok, but not enough direction or story for me. Farcry 2 the driving annoyed me on Hard difficulty, anything normal and easy were much more fun. No random jeeps coming out of nowhere to kill you..

Prototype is fun till the last level, ruins the game IMO honestly. Warhead is more fun that the original crysis, not so much sneaking and walking, more shooting and explosions. Fallout 3 is decent, oblivion was better. Cod4 if you want online, sins of a solar empire, best RTS since age of empires 3. Not that demanding but its complex and fun.

+1 to sins.. great game, complex but not overly complex, decent graphics and fun gameplay.. unfortunately it isn't a good thing to play at night.. as some larger matches might last for hours and hours...

The only game I seriously think that is worth playing as of right now is COD5 and I m not even a Call Of Duty Fan.

lol the first scene in far cry 2 bored me senseless -.-, and no vernong im the most impatient man in the world...

I think ive finally sorted out the 64bit issue, micrsoft doesnt ship 64bit in the retail version unless u buy the ultimate version of vista, however, you do have the licence to use 64bit! what they dont tell you is that you need to pay a 7 pound shipping fee to get 64 bit :| thats microsoft for you. I dont suppose anyone knows if the 64 bit upgrade will require a fresh install?? iv updates all my drivers and loaded programs...i dnt wana do it again.

Thanks

In the future more and more applications will utilize 64 bit processors.

So Id install it, Its not like XP 64 bit, It actually works :)

ahh hikaricloud you should just leave him alone, from here it just seems he's comparable to a little boy on Christmas, he's so excited about his new toy that he's going to make blunderous statements, no harm done though.

as for games, fallout 3 was only good until you leave the vault, after that I was getting the same feeling I got from far cry 2, just the same stuff over, and over, and over, I mean every mission was just frustrating to me, sneak past them, fight 20 mutant/zombies with 5 rounds in your gun and then beat everything else with a bat.

I'm a FPS fan and I love the crysis series but I will say this, both games are gorgeous although the original game's engine is way too inefficient, Warhead makes a few improvements but not much. The action is good/great (depending on how good you are) but what truly peeves me is that even now 2 years after release you still need a $1k+ system to run it smoothly on decently high settings (1680*1050, high/very high, 2xAA ) and up.

Not good for someone running an e5200 and an 9800 GT :(

ahh hikaricloud you should just leave him alone, from here it just seems he's comparable to a little boy on Christmas, he's so excited about his new toy that he's going to make blunderous statements, no harm done though.

as for games, fallout 3 was only good until you leave the vault, after that I was getting the same feeling I got from far cry 2, just the same stuff over, and over, and over, I mean every mission was just frustrating to me, sneak past them, fight 20 mutant/zombies with 5 rounds in your gun and then beat everything else with a bat.

I'm a FPS fan and I love the crysis series but I will say this, both games are gorgeous although the original game's engine is way too inefficient, Warhead makes a few improvements but not much. The action is good/great (depending on how good you are) but what truly peeves me is that even now 2 years after release you still need a $1k+ system to run it smoothly on decently high settings (1680*1050, high/very high, 2xAA ) and up.

Not good for someone running an e5200 and an 9800 GT :(

lol well i want to give crysis a go but i can only find it online which is annoying me, i hate waiting soo.....

Didn't you pay 7 pound...?

How did you not know about it if you paid it..?

ill explain, bought vista assuming 64 bit and 32 bit was included in the cd, turns out u gets 32 bit and just the license for 64 bit. When i realised i was running 32 bit i got angry, then decided to read the papers with vista, followed the instructions for 64 bit, realised i had to pay 7 pounds, got a bit more angry....(went on my mac :) )....then paid it, and now im waiting...

anyway i got prototype and thats installing as we speak :)

what software should i use to bench mark my system? 3d vantage??

ill explain, bought vista assuming 64 bit and 32 bit was included in the cd, turns out u gets 32 bit and just the license for 64 bit. When i realised i was running 32 bit i got angry, then decided to read the papers with vista, followed the instructions for 64 bit, realised i had to pay 7 pounds, got a bit more angry....(went on my mac :) )....then paid it, and now im waiting...

anyway i got prototype and thats installing as we speak :)

what software should i use to bench mark my system? 3d vantage??

please try not to double post, someone will slap you on the wrist for it lol

as for benchmarking software:

SuperPI
3dMark06'
3dMark Vantage

are three

then there's the stability testing stuff:
OCCT
Prime95
IntelBurnTest
Memtest
etc,etc