10,000 and 15,000 rpm HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OCZ Agility uses cheaper memory than the other Indilinx based drives (OCZ Vertex, G.Skill Falcon) so it is possible it will have a shorter lifespan.

Fro some reason the second generation Intel X25-M is deactivated on newegg. If you can I would wait a little while to see if they get more of them in stock and reactivate it since it's just about the best SSD on the market and a good value for $230.

Newegg.com - Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2MH080G2C1 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks

Problem with scsi drives is you have to buy a controller and set it up. the setup isn't hard, it's just tricky if you've never set them up before. the controllers are also quite expensive. Also scsi drives are ****ing loud. It's like you've got a miniature b52 tooling around in your case. they're retartedly loud.

Problem with scsi drives is you have to buy a controller and set it up. the setup isn't hard, it's just tricky if you've never set them up before. the controllers are also quite expensive. Also scsi drives are ****ing loud. It's like you've got a miniature b52 tooling around in your case. they're retartedly loud.

those guys are SAS - the serial attached scsi drives. His mobo has a built in SAS controller which is convenient.

The driver setup is a little weird.

My workstation takes a while to boot up with all the controller drivers loading etc.

I'm pretty sure the standard p6t also has onboard sas. Maybe the deluxe v2 is the only board in the series that doesn't.

OP, btw if you can afford it and you're going to be overclocking, get something a little better than the standard P6T. I've heard some pretty good things about Gigabytes x58 lineup, might want to check them out.

Storage p6t ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Southbridge
6 xSATA 3 Gb/s ports
Intel Matrix Storage Technology Support RAID 0,1,5,10
JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller
1 xUltraDMA 133/100/66 for up to 2 PATA devices
1 xExternal SATA 3Gb/s port (SATA On-the-Go)

JMicron® JMB322 (Drive Xpert technology)
- 2 x SATA 3Gb/s
- Supports EZ Backup and Super Speed functions

storage p6t deluxe ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Southbridge
6 xSATA 3 Gb/s ports
Intel Matrix Storage Technology Support RAID 0,1,5,10
Marvell 88SE6320
2 x SAS (RAID 0 and 1)

Marvell 88SE6111
1 xUltraDMA 133/100/66 for up to 2 PATA devices
1 xExternal SATA port (SATA On-the-Go)

Unless I am really missing something I do not see a sas controller on the p6t like the deluxe.

oops...no you're not missing anything. my bad :p
I wonder why I thought that, especially considering I've got that board.
epic fail :facepalm:

Yeah, I thought it had an integrated SAS controller.

In that case go with the solidstate. No point in spending money on an expensive SAS controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom