coolmaster psu and xfx geforce 9600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the temperature of the hdd?

sorry mate no software can detect this its untouchable for more the 5 seconds after usualy gameing but sometimes hot from runescape fullscreen.. its because the heatsink from the GPU is blowing the hot air into the harddrive away from the card and processor, so the rest of the system stays cool and all the heat is being blown onto the HDD, will it work if i attatch a fan to the HDD, fornow ile be haveing the side case off, and i can get a fan quickly coz my dads cosin owns a pc shop, thanks in advance

good luck reading lol:D

also my RAM is 4gb but the system can only use 3,3gb before the card it was just 3gb any ideas how to recover the rest?
thank you!

There is plenty of software out there that can tell you the temperature of your hardware. One is called HW Monitor (hardware monitor). Another couple are SpeedFan and Everest.

Do you have a fan in the front of your case at all?

also my RAM is 4gb but the system can only use 3,3gb before the card it was just 3gb any ideas how to recover the rest?
thank you!

The only way to utilize all of your RAM is to use a 64-bit OS. 32-bit operating systems can only utilize up to 3.5 (sometimes lower it depends on what you have).

pickyantivirus;1689355[B said:
]sorry mate no software can detect this[/B] its untouchable for more the 5 seconds after usualy gameing but sometimes hot from runescape fullscreen.. its because the heatsink from the GPU is blowing the hot air into the harddrive away from the card and processor, so the rest of the system stays cool and all the heat is being blown onto the HDD, will it work if i attatch a fan to the HDD, fornow ile be haveing the side case off, and i can get a fan quickly coz my dads cosin owns a pc shop, thanks in advance

good luck reading lol:D

thank you!

So untrue...

http://www.techist.com/forums/f27/hard-drive-diagnostic-tool-crystal-disk-info-191737/

Check out that.... also Hard drives and most stuff in a computer are unbearable to touch for more than a second or so.. remember they run at high and low Celsius (not Fahrenheit..)

So untrue...

http://www.techist.com/forums/f27/hard-drive-diagnostic-tool-crystal-disk-info-191737/

Check out that.... also Hard drives and most stuff in a computer are unbearable to touch for more than a second or so.. remember they run at high and low Celsius (not Fahrenheit..)

sorry mod thats just not helping me out,
and i have no fan in the front and im sure its too hot, ive tried both and there seems to no thermistat for the HDD its a Westerndigital 640GB SATA HDD

-EDIT-

and i can feel the air blowing from the heatsink of the GPU so i know it is blowing toward that...and + that means ure telling the that the gpu blows out the back? i think not the fan is pushing hot air into the HDD u were helpful before but now not at all, james wired seems to be the onlyone who will actualy help me in a calm way.

and there seems to no thermistat for the HDD its a Westerndigital 640GB SATA HDD

Are you sure? Sounds unlikely for a good brand; I know Hardware Monitor shows you HDD temps - if it's not there then I'll be surprised.

CPUID

and i can feel the air blowing from the heatsink of the GPU so i know it is blowing toward that
I don't quite see how a GPU heatsink can blow towards the HDDs, it usually blows down to the bottom of the case or out the back of the comp - I know there are no nVidia designs which blow the air in a nonstandard direction. Unless there is a case fan blowing the GPU exhuast towards the HDDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom