Video Card for Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suppafreak

In Runtime
I have a P4P800 Deluxe board that has an old AGP 8x slot for the video card. I ran the test for Win7 and it told me that the current card will not be able to display Win7 Aero. The card that I use right now is Radeon 8500 series. I checked if there are Win7 drivers for that card and there are none.

I do not want to rebuild the whole PC since every other component is OK, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend an AGP card that will support Win7.

I looked at some and the only one I could find was Sapphire SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 3850 100228L Video Card. Does anyone knows if this one will work and if not then which one?

3850 would be ideal.

You want any 8-series or above nvidia card or 3-series and above ati card.

or save money and forget about aero. I can't really recommend putting money into an agp system

3450 is alright, but I only really recommend them if someone has a 780G or 790GX chipset to hybrid crossfire with. It works alright with aero and such, but running multiple graphical programs is iffy.

Example: Winamp's mildrop visulization on my second monitor in desktop mode, plus a small windowed game on my main monitor (nothing graphically intensive), the game stutters a bit.

But it should work fine otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom