Acer LCD Making Noise. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubbleet

Daemon Poster
After 3 months my Acer 19" started to make a high pitched noise yesterday. It happens when the screen is brighter for example if there's a lot of white on the screen like a blank tab in Firefox. It gets softer when I'm on the desktop due to the darker background. I already got authorized to send it back by Acer for repair so that's what imma do. Seems like it has to do with the power. But I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem. Gonna have to use a 15" crappy LCD while this 1's gone. Also if anyone has dealt with Acer support, did they repair or send you a new monitor?

Well, I had a similar problem, but it was on my laptop, believe it or not.

Whenever the brightness was set anywhere above... Around 40% of the max, the screen went entirely white when most of the screen was supposed to be white, and after about 20 seconds, or so, there was a really annoying sound... Although it was not at all loud.

This was on my Toshiba Satellite, and they just replaced the system (they asked me first, so I could get any important files, that kinda thing)... I'm not sure if Acer would replace your monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom