$2,500 gaming rig plz rate (ordering soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm going to start ordering things tonight YAY!!! I'm going with the Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 RC-840-KKN1-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases as my case and I wanted to ask again about the 2 120mm fans that go on the HDD cage... What would be the best "semi-quiet decent air-flow" fans to choose for these? I am wanting to order a large amount from NewEgg tonight so the fans would have to be from NewEgg... I'm still really torn on what HS to go with but for now I don't plan on doing any crazy OC'n so would the CM V8 or The core Contact or maybe even the dark knight be decent? Actually would it be totally necessary to mount 2 120mm's on the HDD cage right away?

I think I am going to go with the WD CaviarBlack 640 for now cause I came across some bills that are setting me back in my total budget...

EDIT:

So far in my basket I have...

MB/i7 combo: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Ram/Video Card combo: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

PS: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850HX 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

OS/Gaming HDD: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Grand Total: $1,476.92

This is all I have money for right now... and the remainder of items (monitor, mouse, keyboard, Data HDD, etc...) will be ordered this upcoming Friday... tell me what you all think cause I am going to order this within the next hour...

The V8 is expensive for it's performance value. It does cool pretty well, but not good enough for the price. The Core Contact cools well, it's priced reasonable, but it's big and bulky. If I had to buy one from NewEgg today I would buy this.
Newegg.com - Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 120mm SSO CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

This looks like a good deal on a couple blue fans.
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER R4-L2S-122B-GP 120mm 4 BLUE LED LED Case Fan - Case Fans

If you don't want to add fans to the HDD cage you can always add one of these to each individual hard drive as I did in this pic (the fan comes with all the required hardware). But no fans are actually required, it's just a good idea. :D

Newegg.com - Scythe KAZE JYU SLIM SY1012SL12L 100mm Case Fan - Case Fans

harddrive.jpg

Thanks for the info Slaymate... so I've come to the conclusion that I don't really care about having the LED fans in the case because I wont see them (no case window meh) lol so what would be the best "semi-quiet decent air-flow" 120mm fans on NewEgg to put on my HDD cage? So this is a dumb question but 3-pin/4-pin is whether or not the fan connects to the PS or MB right? What is the best for this?

Order Update:

Just got through ordering my first set of parts...

HD, Case, PSU, MB, Video Card, CPU, RAM...... Grand Total: $1,476.92

Thank god for combo deals and mail in rebates... Now I'm excited to get all this in the mail!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom