first time build

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcox87

Banned
Just like to know what everyone thinks. Maybe I'm paying too much or some things are failure prone or something. All feedback is welcome. $1350 buget. I want it for video editing, hd reading and printing, and playing current games at moderate settings and fps. I already have a case and a 320 gb hdd, but I wanted an extra hdd. Should I go solid state with my remaining buget?

i7 920, Asus p6t deluxe v2, corsair dominator (3x2 gb), evga gtx 260
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
$830

thermaltake tr2 1000w PSU, lg black super multi bluray burner
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
$350

Samsung spinpoint HDD
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
$85

TOTAL: $1265

Thanks for the PSU tip. I wasn't sure how much over I was on my power needs. I'm going to keep on reading reviews and things, so maybe the combo deal will expire, but I'll find something else as good hopefully, maybe wth cheaper memory. I want the Bluray burner because I'm a film maker and I'm in college. We shoot a lot of HD stuff, but have no means of printing it in HD (aside from going back to tape), and I want something a little more distributable. However, I'm probably going to start with my current DVD burner, and bump up to the Bluray when I see a really good deal. I just wanted my buget to have room for it when the time comes. Thanks again for the advice. I still welcome folks opinion with that psu substitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom