Value Cpu/MB for a media center?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying cheap parts isn't always the best idea.. especially for key components such as the motherboard and the PSU. Odds are you'll end up with a paperweight.

In PSUs, I find that true. A bad psu might last a week or two then crap out on you.

With motherboards, I find they will almost always last a year or two regardless of how cheap/crappy they are. They will lack features, but they won't just stop working for a while. I've built prolly 10 systems for myself and others using ECS motherboards and only one is not working, and it stopped working 4 years after being built. And ECS is about as cheap as motherboards go.

Go open up a computer they sell at wal-mart. Half of them are ECS motherboards, and they almost always work for several years.

In PSUs, I find that true. A bad psu might last a week or two then crap out on you.

With motherboards, I find they will almost always last a year or two regardless of how cheap/crappy they are. They will lack features, but they won't just stop working for a while. I've built prolly 10 systems for myself and others using ECS motherboards and only one is not working, and it stopped working 4 years after being built. And ECS is about as cheap as motherboards go.

Go open up a computer they sell at wal-mart. Half of them are ECS motherboards, and they almost always work for several years.

ECS is actually a good manufacturer.. why do you think so many companies use their boards?

^ i dont know about good, i would rate them about 4.5 out of 10. i had one of thier Nforce 570 sli boards die randomly on me. so now i try to steer clear of ECS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom