help, computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwingduck

In Runtime
i was having trouble with my comp last week sunday cuz it kept shutting down and rebooting itself continuosly, i didnt know that i had the sasser virus, if that was even the case. i bought to the best buy's keek squad and they said i needed reformat and restore my system so i paid 85 bones to get that mother ****er fixed. on friday and saturday it was working fine then on sunday morning the 26th it was working early in the morning, later on it did the same thing, then after a couple of minutes of begging it to get to windows or at least the bios screen, the damn thing wouldnt even starti press the power button numerous times and nothing, he power light in back of the comp was lit yet still no power.

so i bought it back to best buy and they charged me 64 bones for diagnostics.

do you guys know what could be the problem? im hoping that i dont have to replace the motherboad or the processor, bastards are expensive.

Sounds like you are getting a variant of the Blaster worm, a worm that plagued the Internet in mid-2003. Make sure you have all the latest Windows updates and AV protection.

uhhhh ok but would the best buy technicians see that? do you think it could be the motherboard or the CPU??

If it were your mobo and CPU, you likely would have still seen problems directly after the reformat. If it were anything on the hardware side it would be your power supply unit, which is unlikely once again because you were fine for a few days after the reformat. Maybe you could take that to a local computer shop and get it tested. If its fine, it would have to be some sort of virus.

i see, hopefully it isnt the motherboard or the CPU, i would like to upgrade but my budget wont allow a huge a upgrade upto 200 bucks. so if the computer wont even start, how would they look for a virus??

The virus would be responsible for the continuous restart problem, not the problem of your PC not booting. Do you know how to reset CMOS....there is a chance that could fix your problem, since you are getting nothing when you start up your computer.

My input of this is quit taking your comp to best buy. They are charging you money that you could use to upgrade your system if something is wrong, or if you just feel like it. I think to restart the CMOS (on my mobo, dunno about others), is to open it up (the comp case) look for a little watch bettery on the mobo, take it out for like 10-20 seconds and put it back in. Note: I think that is how it's done; at least, that's how it's done on mine.

thats what i would recomment also, is clearing the cmos. like he said above, open the case up, look for the little silver watch battery that is the size of a nickel, pop it out for a few minutes and reinsert it, if the problem persists, i would just for the heck of it, reseat your ram and graphics card. if still nothing, i would say that it could be the power supply with an intermitant problem. When you power your pc up and it does nothing, can you hear the fans or hard drive spinning?

jseber1982 said:
thats what i would recomment also, is clearing the cmos. like he said above, open the case up, look for the little silver watch battery that is the size of a nickel, pop it out for a few minutes and reinsert it, if the problem persists, i would just for the heck of it, reseat your ram and graphics card. if still nothing, i would say that it could be the power supply with an intermitant problem. When you power your pc up and it does nothing, can you hear the fans or hard drive spinning?

i dont hear anything spining nor any beeping noise. yeah im thinking about just bringing it to a local computer store, which is more expenisve best buy or local computer store??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom