Rusty-The-Cat

Beta member
specs:
AMD X3 720 @ 3.2Ghz AM3 Processor
ASUS M4A78 PLUS motherboard
G SKILL 1066 PC8500 DDR2 (2x2GB)
eVGA 8800GTS 512 (G92) video card
SEAGATE 500GB SATA II hard drive
VIEWSONIC VX922 2ms@ 1280x1024 (@ max. resolution)
ANTEC TRUPOWER NEW 650
VISTA ULTIMATE

I want to play Call of Duty: MW2 in November. Should I get a ATI 4890 video card now, or wait for the new models coming soon, I hope. I know I can get $100 for the old card and a new one, here in Canada, is only $230cdn, including tax. Money is not a problem, I'm thinking more in the lines of being set for the next two years. The current video card plays everything fine at my current resolution, any higher, no go. So, wait for new lines from ATI or grab a 4890 for a sweet price, now. Powerful enough for the next 2 years? Oh, by the way the M.B. is set up for SLI, so I can add another card down the road if necessary.
Opinions please.
Thank you in advance,
Rusty

The new radeon cards will be out before mw2, and your pc can already max it. They're still on the same engine from cod2. I think the Nvidia ones aren't coming out till January maybe?

Either way, make sure you know that SLI is only for Nvidia cards. If you have an SLI mobo, then you can't do 2 4890s.

Yeh, after the upgrade from an Socket 939 FX-60 with Corsair Plat. DDR I added at least 10-15 fps Before the 190 drivers from nvida.

money money money SLI-yes

Nvidia and ATi should have new cards out in November/December. I'm thinking the kids are in for a bad xmas as I know what I'm getting :D HeHeHe

Why though? You have 280's in sli. How could you possibly need more power?

I guess it's a habit :D I heard the same why more power question when I had a pair of 7800GTX's, 7950GX2's, 8800GTX's, 3 -9800GTX's and now with the GTX 280's.

More is always better, it promotes growth. I remember buying a ATi 9800XT with a free Half-Life 2 coupon, thinking I had the best and the baddest, I am the King. It really didn't play HL2 that well. The Best and the Baddest will alway need replacing sooner or later. I just choose sooner :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom