Too hot, how can I cool down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejjman1

Baseband Member
First off, I'm not exactly rich.

I have an aftermarket CPU Cooler. I'm getting these temps.

CPU: 35.0 C

CPU core #1: 52.0 C
CPU core #2: 50.0 C
CPU core #3: 49.0 C
CPU core #4: 47.0 C

I have an Intel Core i7 920. I am not doing or plan on doing any overclocking.

I think I'm safe at these temps?

VREG: 53.0 C
^This seems really high! I'm not sure why though :( Does anyone know what to do for cooling that? And, is my CPU good?

Which cooler do you have? And are those idle or load temps? If they're load you're fine, however if they're idle then you might want to try reseating your heatsink.
Make sure you haven't applied too much thermal paste, or too little.

It is playing World of Warcraft, Running XM Radio, another App in background.

What about the VREG.

CoolerMaster v8!

Yeah for load temps that's fine. Download LinX or Prime 95 and run it for an hour or so. Post up your temps after that.

If you have the v8 you should be fine, but check just in case those are your idle temps, but i doubt it. Vreg is the temp of the voltage regulators, the part of the motherboard that powers the CPU from the power given by the PSU. They can handle very high temps, 53c is fine.

If those are max loads you are absolutely fine however those seem too high for a stock chip with a cooler of that magnitude.

The V8 fan speed can be controlled by the Bios using PWM or it can be set manually if you installed the fan controller. Check your bios and set the fan speeds to 100% even if your using the fan controller. And set the fan controller to Max., then check your load temps.

Prime 95 is really confusing. Can somebody tell me what to do and etc. I have the 64 bit version. I've never overclocked, and this is really crazy haha. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom