Hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HOT!

Here is with the new past applied.. Cpu is not warped full contact.. Could this be do to to little paste? to much? what is the perfect amount?

Capture.jpg

yeah, that's still way to hot, especially at stock with a third party cooler. You shouldn't even be seeing those temps with the stock cooler, well ok maybe just but no higher.

Maybe post up pics of how you've got the hs mounted, are you sure you've got it right? What voltages are you running?

remember for your thermal paste, you're trying to get a very thin, even layer. Too thick and you'll be adding to the problem instead of taking away from it. I always spread mine before installing the heatsink, I just use an old plastic chip.

The perfect amount is a single drop of thermal paste. No larger than a pea.

^actually, that's the 'standard' perfect amount, it'll vary depending on what kind of HS you use. Also depends on the type of paste.

should the fan on the heatsink be blowing towards or away from the heatsink? and should the fan be on pointed up towards the psu or down towards the gpu or does it matteR?

Okay well I am idling at around 45-50 with 1% load. Ambient temps are around 75f maybe a little higher. Could this be due to the airflow in the case? I have 120mm exhuast. the 120mm blowing through the xigmatek dark knight heatsink and a 90mm in the front. Think these temps will go down if I add another 90mm to the from of the case?

Try just bypassing the airflow problem alltogether. Take the side of your case off, open your window (if it's colder outside than in). See what temps you get. If they're significantly lower than otherwise you can assume that you don't have adequate airflow through your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom