My q6600 and 8800 GT are running hot for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thank you guys for the help.

Second, I re-did my thermal paste (was a bit too thin) and checked all the fans and dusted. Got the same Prime95 results save I went to 80 not 83 this time... I want to OC is it unsafe to do so? Should I buy that heatsink if I even want to think of it?

Yes it is unsafe. To oc on a stock hsf, is destruction.

I hit 60 Tops on my oc'd q6600, with ALOT of Volts.

Remember, temp is a combo of alot of things, HSF, gpus and case air flow. You need to sort out your stock temps, before you even think of oc'ing.

How would I check if my sensor is damaged?

Other than the ones posted which volts do you need? All the CPU ones and RAM too?

The actual sensor is built into the cpu. I'm not saying the sensor isn't damaged, but if it is, so is the cpu.

I'm thinking the the base of the heatsink and maybe the cpu heatspreader, got really hot and warped a little. Hopefully the heatspreader is ok. You can check by removing the heatsink and checking the base with a straight edge, corner to corner both ways. If you can see a little gap it's warped and it can warp in or out. You check the cpu heatspreader the same way.

This would be a good heatsink for your cpu. It's large but not huge like some of the newer ones.

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom