BRAND NEW BUILD! nothing on moniter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veregund

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

I just got done putting together a build, and i flipped it on, yet nothing is showing up on the moniter. The video card is in snugly, the moniter is connected to the video card, the PC is running.. any suggestions?

New Problem: I got something on the monitor, and so i decided to set my case upright (since it was laying down). I accidently unplugged the PSU in the process, and now I can't get the PC back on. Heres what happens: I turn the PSU off, then back on. I flip the power switch on the case, and it's almost like it is about to start up: i hear a quick click, the fans give one rep, and then nothing more. If i hit the case power switch again, nothing happens. PLEASE help!

Make sure you have the 24 pin power connector and the 4 pin power connector on the motherboard and everything is in place and isnt loose.

Make sure you have the 24 pin power connector and the 4 pin power connector on the motherboard and everything is in place and isnt loose.

which 4 pin connecter do you mean? the one that usually goes along with the 20-pin connector on some motherboards, making it a 24pin connector? Also, do i need to have the 8pin connecter into the 12V_2x4 input?

What are the computer specs?

GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition

Antec EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS

SAPPHIRE 100245HDMI Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16

OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Everything seemed to be working all right. I got it booted up, a screen came up on the monitor with some options, I then accidently unplugged the PSU, and now i cant get it back on..

Let it sit with the PSU off for about 5-10 minutes, then try to boot (or clear CMOS)*. BTW you DO have the 4/8 pin connector in the slot next to where it say "Ultra Durable" (from this pic)right?

Edit: Does the mobo light come on at all when you have the PSU turned on?

Let it sit with the PSU off for about 5-10 minutes, then try to boot.

Ok I will try that.. getting a little nervous here..

Side question: there's the main ATX 24pin connector on the motherboard that gets power form the PSU, and there's also an ATX 8pin 12V connector on the motherboard. When i had the computer running, it didn't seem to make a different whether or not i had the PSU connected to the 8pin 12V connector. Does it?

or if you can't be stuffed waiting 10 mins...
Unplug the power, press the power button.
Reset the CMOS (either by taking out the battery or by using the jumper pins) and press the power button.
Plug the power back into the pc, and try starting.

Just tried booting it up again.. same result: a click, fans attempt to rotate, and then nothing. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom