intel core 2 duo or amd phenom x4. NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

river686

Solid State Member
i am going to upgrade my motherboard and processor but i cant decide between intel core 2 duo and amd quad core. my limit for a processor is around $130 and i am mostly only going to be gaming. i am not and enthusiast. i just want a performance boost over an EVGA 730a mobo and amd athlon x2 6000+. if you have a suggestion for a mobo please tell!

i think i could fit that into my buget but do i need the quad core, is it a good future investment? i have heard some good things about the core 2 duo but i have never bought an intel processor before, what do you think of intel? does anyone have any good mobo suggestions.

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400. I like it. I never lag with multiple programs open. Idk much about AMD motherboards, but I don't think I would recommend any of the Intels over the PII X4 in that price range.

i was looking at the am3 processors and i have heard some good things but the only problem it that i would have to use ddr3 memory, and i don't really want to switch to ddr3 unless it is really worth it for the am3 processor.

ok well should i go with the quad core or the AM3? witch one will benefit me more in the future of gaming.

i was looking at the am3 processors and i have heard some good things but the only problem it that i would have to use ddr3 memory, and i don't really want to switch to ddr3 unless it is really worth it for the am3 processor.

You can run an AM3 CPU with DDR2. But I think it will Max at 1066Mhz.

What is it...AM2 to 800mhz, AM2+ to 1066mhz, and AM3 to whatever DDR3 clocks at. 1600mhz or something. My systems DDR2 so I havn't looked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom