How to boot from a cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
it should be downloaded and be a .iso ....with your burning program put the disk in and select "burn image" do NOT burn as a data disk. Then select the .iso and let it burn...that should be pretty much it. Then boot it just like the vista CD

Ok great.. i got it booted up on the gparted CD.. and i selected the option "gparted default" a bunch of lines with random numbers and words spammed down the screen, and now im in the "configuring console-data" screen.. Options: select keymap from arch list, don't touch keymap, keep kernal keymap, select keymap from full list.

I dont know what a keymap is at all, so which option shoudl i choose? sorry for the newbness :/

Are you trying to reinstall Windows or just wiping the hard drive clean?

I want to wipe it clean

Within GParted you should only have to select the first option on the first grey screen, then hit enter twice to get the US Keyboard layout and US Eng language. After that the rest you dont need to worry about.

i would say don't touch the keymap and leave it default and or select one and choose US.

Haha just as a note, we're not supposed to double post just edit the old one. Don't worry about it this time though ^_^

Edit: GAHHHH ahahahahaha been ninja'd soooo many times in this one thread...hahaha dang you Mak!!

Alright awesome.. thanks for stickin with me. I'm now on the screen where my partition is lsited, showing how much is used/unused. There is also a small hidden partition (7mb :/). If i right click my main martition, i have the option to delete, or format to a different extension. Should i press delete?

And coma, you need to sttep up your speed :) ha!

haha yeah delete it, then recreate the partition if you want. Or you can just format the partition as it is now.

hm is it ok that it only took about 3 seconds? i figured it would have taken a good amount of time to erase all that data..

Oh do I need to create a new partition table, and then it will erase everything?

The format is the erase. The partition table is what it shows with the colored borders. So if you have all yoru space allocated and formatted to the file system you want you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom