How to boot from a cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm but i set the 1st boot device to my dvd drive (which the vista disk is in), but its still starting windows normally?

did you press a key when it says "Press any key to boot from CD..." ?

Edit: haha third time i've been ninja'd today :p

Ah you're right.. the "press key to boot from CD" screen went by quickly.. just didnt see it. I should be good now. off to format! (i hope) THanks guys :)

Now another problem :( I booted off the disk, and i was going through the steps to "install" (which will eventually lead me to format), when I type in the CD Key, it says "To use the product key you entered, start the installation form your existing version of Windows" But i can't format my HD when using windows normally! Help please..

ah you have the upgrade, if all you are wanting to do is format the computer clean, with no OS i would advise downloading a program called Gparted and burning it to disk.

Alternatively you can "Press R to repair" on the boot screen and then from the recovery console type "format C:".....at least i think this is in vista...haha havent done it in a long time, but i know XP does

Edit: CRAP hahahah ninja'd yet again! hahahaha

Ok could someone give me some clear instructions on how to create this bootable gparted cd (or dvd, if it should be a dvd-rw). I tried to do that earlier without luck, maybe i did it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom