Installing Software Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP_v1

Beta member
I noticed that i have errors installing a lot of software to my computer. I was wondering if that has anything to do with the RAM or the hardrive. I'm going to replace it but which ones should i replace.

What sort of errors? We're going to need more information than that to go on.

It just says like things cant be found or it cannot install.

also im noticing a lot of crashes in many programs.

Have you run anti virus scans, anti-malware scans, anti-spyware scans?

Things like the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Scanner, Combofix, Malwarebytes and so on?

Just because you are getting application crashes and problems installing new software doesnt mean you have bad hardware. It could just be a highly infected system.

Have you run anti virus scans, anti-malware scans, anti-spyware scans?

Things like the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Scanner, Combofix, Malwarebytes and so on?

Just because you are getting application crashes and problems installing new software doesnt mean you have bad hardware. It could just be a highly infected system.

I doubt it's that i've done a full system restore on this computer twice and i've ran scans and it says i Don't have any virus' and what not. My friend also told me it could be my hard drive or my ram need replacement.

An error like "cannot install" would lead me to think something maybe wrong with your optical drive.

System Restore points can still be infected. In some cases it is so bad that you are forced to turn off Restore Points and delete the ones you have in order to fully clean out a infection. After you have done so you can then turn Restore Points back on and create a fresh clean restore point. So i wouldnt rule out a infection just yet.

What scans have you run? Have you tried what i suggested with combofix, malewarebytes and hijack this? I would seriously considering going through our guide:

Osiris Spyware Guide

Along with running MemTest86 like Slaymate suggested which will test your RAM and see if it is good or if it does need replacement. I would also suggest a check disk.

Can do it one of 3 ways.

1. Hit F8 during the boot. There select the Command Prompt option. Once that is brought up type in

chkdsk /r /f

that command will not only run check disk but will also try to repair (The /r parameter) but fix the bad sectors/files as well. (The /f parameter)

2. Using the XP CD (Or Vista DVD) get to the Recovery Console. Use the same commands above.

3. Within Windows get into Computer. (Or My Computer in XP) Select a drive and right click on it and select Properties. There select the Tools Tab. Run the disk checker. Make sure to check all boxes. this may require a restart to complete.

With everything listed above we can rule out infection, RAM and Hard Drive problems being the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom