First Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIAXUS

Beta member
This is my first time building a computer. I have some experiance workign with them so I am not worried about getting it together but finding the right parts can be tough. After some research I think I am going to go with an i7 but if i cant get enough money may have to go back to a quad.

Here is what i have at the moment:

Case: NZXT ZERO 2 Crafted Series CS-NT-ZERO-2 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

PSU: Seventeam ST-750ZAF 750W ATX 12V V2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

RAM: Patriot 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PVT36G1333LLK - Retail

STORAGE: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drives - OEM

OPTICAL: LG Black Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD±R DVD Burner SATA Model GGC-H20L - Retail

I have left out a GPU because i am not really sure. I would like to run my 56" HDMI with this computer to play Blu-Ray with a good resalution.(is this possible?) Plan on running atleast a dual SLI. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Would also like to run my home theater reciever but i think the mobo will be able to handle this?

I am already over budget so any price saving tips would also be appreciated! Is the i7 worth it?

Thanks!!!

Sorry planned on putting that in there.

Would like to spend under 1,000 but i am already over that. At 1063.93 right now.

Max I will spend is 1300.00 without monitor.

I would swap the PSU you listed for this one
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Also this is much better ram than what you have listed
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ - Desktop Memory

As for the gfx card i would recommend this one if you are wanting to get into higher end gaming and the like, as well as being able to push HD resolution for blu-ray
Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

If you're worried about it not having HDMI, don't worry because it comes with a DVI to HDMI adaptor that works fantastically

+1 to Comatose's build, not much else you can really work unless you want to go cheaper on a case. And even then, with an Antec 300, you are shaving just $50 off.

Thanks for all the input I will work thru these suggestions today.

ComatoseClown:
Will anything be lost when using an adaptor for the HDMI?
Is there really much difference between 1333 and 1600 memory? Or is this in regards to upgrading later?
That video card looks good. Will having two SLI make for much better performance?

In regards to the case would a mid size tower work for this kind of set up? I really dont know anythign about overclocking so I wont be doing it at the start but i do plan on learning and using it in the future. Dont want to fry my components.

Thanks again all comments are greatly appreciated!!!

Also,

i might also suggest swapping the motherboard with this one as it supports 1600mhz memory as opposed to 1333

Newegg.com - ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

How do you know that it supports 1600 memory? Specs show:

Memory Standard DDR3 2000 (O.C) / 1866 (O.C) / 1333

There isnt a huge difference between 1333 and 1600, but if you plan to overclock you certainly want to have that speed available as it can overclock to 2000 pretty easy. The setup you have is very similar to the one in my sig, and i've gotten some really nice overclocks on the P6T. Currently i run stable at 4.2ghz on my i7

I know it supports it because I run the board and same ram that is up there, has been running 1600 since day 1 without a problem. Also it says it supports up to 2000 O.C. (overclock)

I haven't seen a bit of loss with the HDMI converter at all and i run a 1080p monitor. The only reason you would need SLI is to push games to their max settings like crysis ect. For HD media its more than enough

As long as the mid-tower is ATX (which 99% are) it will work just fine for your setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom