AMD 790GX ATX motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm iffy with ASRock. Yes, they are made by ASUS, but it's the budget version of ASUS basically, and that's not always a good thing. I've used plenty of ASRock boards in the past on customers' machines with rarely any problems. They work fine in normal everyday machines, but for people like us that like to stress and actually use our machines, I wouldn't recommend them. There are some nice Biostar boards that are pretty cheap at the moment, those would suit you pretty well.

Gigabyte is a good brand too, but tend to be a bit more expensive. It all comes down to what you want to pay.

Because of the difference of only $13.00 in the price of Biostar and Gigabyte, I decided to go with Gigabyte. Had the difference been more than ofcourse Biostar would have been the only choice.

Any other choices you guys suggest? Please keep in mind that when you suggest any product off NewEgg for me, do it on NewEgg.ca because not everything is available to Canadian consumers and most of the motherboards are over-priced even if you convert US dollars to Canadian.

-Thanks a TON !

Looks like it, I wasn't sure when it was coming out, but I guess it did while I was wondering, haha.

EDIT: Weird, newegg.com doesn't have any yet, just .ca so far...

According to Benchmark Reviews,

"Also on showcase will be the GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H that offers stunning DirectX 10.1 gaming and fluid computing with ATI Stream technology. The GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H features the latest AMD 785G chipset with ATI RADEON HD 4200 graphics and is AMD's Mainstream Desktop solution for Microsoft Windows® 7."

should I go for this one?

Yeah, it's a nice middle ground between the 780G and the 790GX chipset, and the southbridge has barely anything different than the ones on the 790GX. I think the only difference is the RAID capabilities. Good mobo.

Yeah, it's a nice middle ground between the 780G and the 790GX chipset, and the southbridge has barely anything different than the ones on the 790GX. I think the only difference is the RAID capabilities. Good mobo.

SB710 and SB750 both have same operating temperatures with cpu's on stock speeds?

Also, I had another question.. if i buy a 500w psu for example, and the system sucks only 300w at a time, would the extra 200w be going to waste? or would there be no extra wattage because the system is only drawing 200w?

It seems fine, but I'm not a fan of Micro ATX anymore, and neither will you if you become an excessive upgrader.

My system uses all 4GB of RAM, but only because I have Windows 7 RC1 x64 edition (aka since its a 64bit OS, it can address it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom