Basic Buying Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this has got to be the first in awhile, nvidia gpu spec'd... Don't get me wrong, I have this card,but usually you's are specing ati's.

You're right. Philbar had a great build, but now that you say it... a 4890 would spank the c216 for only $15 more.

Newegg.com - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Sk3uled, if you are willing to go another $15, this is the route you should take. I have that card and it is great...superior to the 260 c216 too. For that price...unbeatable!

I see. I most likely will.

But what was it that patonb was talking about with nvida gpu spec'd and ati's??

and just to clarify, I can choose either Raedon or Nvidia right? as long as they have supported
port slots? (PCI express, etc)

edit: the newly linked vid card is compatible with this mb and processor build??

patonb was probably just observing the fact that lately around the forums ATI has been suggested more than NVIDIA, just because of cost for performance and the word budget. They are both great cards and arguable, but ATI is out doing NVIDIA in the cost area.

You can use either ATI or NVIDIA with the 790X board, but if you want to add an additional card down the road, you will want to stick with ATI because your board will support Crossfire but not SLI. (Crossfire = two ati cards, sli = two nvida cards).

Yeah that 4890 will work great with your set up, fully compatible..

^Yes to everything above.

like I said, I own the xfxc 260-216, and a bfg one too, and its a beast of a card.

But as mentioned, the ATIs are winning in price.

Both the cards will smoke todays games. And XFX has the greatest double lifetime garrentee.

how different is muffin man's build from the one listed before? would it be cheaper because
they are combos or are they a bit lacked in performance?

Also, guys, thanks everyone for their replies and help. ;)

But ive been browsing around, and this computer seemed pretty decent.
Mega Special II

I was thinking about upgrading the power supply, but it comes with DDR3 memory! (Is this
better or worse, or is it okay for the price?)

And if i do go with that, should i upgrade anything else?

also can anyone verify if muffin man's build is fully compatible with each hardwares and will
everything work??

Please use the edit button instead of doube posting, it helps to keep the forum clean :D

Either build is good. But I would stick with the XFX 4890 as it has a double lifetime warranty and is generally favored more for their support and quality.

That computer you showed us is lame for less than $100 savings. The motherboard is something left to be desired and doesn't support dual GPUs. DDR3 memory is not much better than DDR2 right now, you would be better off with one of the builds posted...much, much better off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom