Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Opinions on i7 build

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #64 (permalink)
Sir Cumference
Junior Techie

Default Re: Opinions on i7 build

@dirkpitt45

Looking at the Biostar MB, it looks much easier to install... at least when the fan is facing the RAM. I would've mounted it in the direction you did, just couldn't make it happen.

@Slaymate

Well, so far I havent ran into any troubles... yet. Im having decent temps. Weather has been very warm lately (85+ F) so I average in the low 40s C at idle. Under load is probably around the 50s. When the weather cools I get into the mid 30s C.

If I can remember correctly, the pressure I used is nearly the same if not slightly more than the pressure I used to mount a stock AMD heat sink. I kinda figured if a heat sink uses clips to mount onto the motherboard it would require some pressure to mount. I dont know... I just hope Im not damaging anything.

I shouldve grabbed my first option, the Xigmatek Dark Knight. I wished Newegg would carry the True. They ship so fast, I would want my stuff ASAP

@philbar71

Yeah, the veterans on this board should stop recommending this cooler for i7 builds even though its a pretty decent cooler. Just not worth the trouble to install. This is the only mistake I made that I can think of out of the entire build.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.