Friend needs Direct 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
My friend is having trouble playing some medevil game. At the startup, it shows the play, register, uninstall etc. When he clicks play, it comes up saying that he need Direct 3D. Apparently, it does this for all of his 3D games. So, can someone provide a link of where this thing can be downloaded from? Thanks.

He can't remember what video card he has (go figure), and he downloaded DirectX 9.0. He said that he got the computer about 1.5-2 years ago, so the vid card probably isn't that old. It is a HP BTW.

It is probably ROM TOTAL WAR, sequel to Medieval total war. And their have been a lot of problems with the D3D on it.

Wouldn't be surprised if they release a patch soon.

Although I need to buy 6 new cards to run it :/ ...... not sure what im going to do.

I don't think Rome is out yet. I know for a fact, though, that is ain't Rome. It could be Medieval Total War.

Under RUN, type dxdiag.exe. There should be a tab in there for 3d applications. If he can't run, then DX isn't installed and he will need to download AND install it (follow link in previous post then double click on icon). There is a TAB on the DXDIAG windows titled display which is used to enable/disable 3d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom