SD Drive not working all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunarsky

Solid State Member
My SD Drive just suddenly stopped working all of a sudden when I was just using it a few minutes prior.
I'm using a Dell Studio 1535 laptop running Vista, I checked the device manager and it's updated, but there's a yellow exclamation mark. Is there anyway to fix this? Any help is much appreciated.

long shot. have you tried restarting? if so, try uninstalling the device and then rescanning to reinstall it.

Restarting didn't help, uninstalling didn't help either since it failed to install...
Should I contact Dell? The warranty on my laptop hasn't expired yet...

yeah, sounds a little fishy to me. What were you doing when this happened? were you copying from it? plugging/unplugging ect. ?

er...I was using a mini-SD, I took out the mini-SD out of the adapter without removing the adapter from the slot
But I've been doing this for the past 2 years and this is the first time I've had a problem after doing it

sounds more like a hardware fault, what does it say in the device manager? That the device is present but not functioning properly?

well...It just started working all of a sudden...

Do you think the cause might be due to my laptop overheating? I know the last time I left my SD adapter in the SD Slot, it stopped working due to the heat from my laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom