upgrading my thermaltake 760i

Status
Not open for further replies.

nino_ca

Baseband Member
hello, i want to put another radiator on my system, summer in brazil is burning it up hehe

so i wonder, does my kit supports a double radiator ? if it does, which one u guys recommend for me?

You may have to do some tubing re-routing.. Get ahold of a Swiftech MCR220 Rad..

Don't do Dual radiators, not really worth it, and I've been down that road. Dual Rad's netted me the same temps as a single, and the duals kill the flow a little bit. A Single 220 or 320 will be fine. Just be aware that it will be difficult to get below ambient temps.. ex; Pushing 90*F air through a radiator.. But a bigger rad may net you a couple 2* cooler.

On sale! :D
Petra's Tech Shop

well i meant one like this, for 2 fans right? thats why i said dual :D does this one comes with the fans? if no, what would be the best one? here is so hot :/

Are you overclocking? What else are you cooling? Just the CPU? If it's just the processor, the 220 Rad is fine.. a 320 Rad will prolly only get you maybe a 3* difference with just the CPU cooling.

A 220 rad is dual 120mm fans
A 320 rad is triple 120mm fans and so on..

The Swiftech is fine, all depends on what you want to spend. They don't come with fans, unless it's a kit. The pic is exactly what you get. Don't forget the fittings. I'd imagine you will need 3/8" fittings. Look for Yate Loon Fans, good air flow. You can do 2 or 4 fans.. Again, depends on what you want to spend.

i want to cool only the processor, the 120mm one is fine, but my main question is, my pump supports this?

^You'll have to get Aspire or someone else in here to forward that question abotu the pump. I don't think you'll have a problem with it, but don't quote me on that. But as far as the 120 Rad; depending on your CPU temps, the fluid only being in there for a short period of time (120mm size rad) won't exactly be large enough to provide sufficient cooling.

It also depends on where the radiator is mounted. If it's mounted in a little 'cubby-hole', if you will, it may be recirculating the hot air expelled by the radiator and thus adversely effecting the cooling benefit of the radiator. If the radiator is mounted out in the open air, it will run cooler and hot air will be expelled more efficiently.

Personally, if I am doing testing on the computer, I stick a box fan right in front of the computer to help get rid of the hot air expelled by the case and the radiator, and to blow cooler air onto the components.

^ I took another look at your system... It'll take some modification and moving things around thee accommodate a different radiator. You may have to get some new tubing, move the existing radiator from it's housing, mount the 220 Rad on the back/outside of the computer, and run the lines to/from your pump/CPU block and rad. It will probably eliminate the bay device.

it's be a fun build tho.. I like doing stuff like that.. Hence why I can't leave well enough alone with what I have.,. GOTTA modify it! LOL

my case has 7 bays, then it is ok. :D ill think about, and notice you if i will buy or no :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom