What A Difference A Motherboard Makes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

INNOVATOR

Baseband Member
Heyas people,

I notice that with just about every i7 build, a different mobo is recommended and wondering what the differences are between the most common I see mentioned besides price? What advantages does one have over another?

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P
EVGA E758-A1
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5

There all about the same really. Thou the Asus was probably designed with Stability as the most important aspect. And the EVGA was designed with the Overclocker in mind. The Gigabyte, I'm really not sure. I've tried a few Gigabyte boards in the past and I was never impressed with them.

For most users I'll always recommend the Asus, unless they specify overclocking then I'll steer them towards the EVGA.

Looking at the pictures on Newegg I just don't see it as having the best layout. The socket area looks jammed together to me. The high-end board has the 1st memory slot right up against the NB heatsink and it looks like it's (NB heatsink) to close to the socket. Maybe you can point out the good points.

it (ud5) does not have too much of a crowded socket.

but the PCI slots is where it is at :D you can do tri sli/CFX with dual width cards and still have two pci-e slots open on the top for sound card or tv tuner card.

where as the EVGA if you do tri sli you have no slots left.

and the asus you cant to tri sli with dual width cards. only reg sli.

^ on the P6T Deluxe V2 it is not possible to do tri sli on it. you can do normal sli on it all day long. but you cant do tri sli.

gussed they changed it up a lot from the P6T.....why in the world would they do that? Lol

it (ud5) does not have too much of a crowded socket.

but the PCI slots is where it is at :D you can do tri sli/CFX with dual width cards and still have two pci-e slots open on the top for sound card or tv tuner card.

where as the EVGA if you do tri sli you have no slots left.

and the asus you cant to tri sli with dual width cards. only reg sli.

Well I'm still of the opinion that tri-sli is a waste of money that can be spent on other cool stuff. And when the GTX 300's come out it will definitely be a waste.

As for sound cards and tv tuners. They never even crossed my mind. But I guess it could be a nice feature for some people. I'll have to remember that for future use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom