Am I running cool enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snitched

Baseband Member
My fans are currently running on the high setting. [Case Fan and CPU Fan.] And What is a fair temperature for them. If I game and stuff, be on it a lot, It is mostly at 30[sub]o[/sub] Celcius. Is that to high???

Thanks,
- Dylan

30C is not even close to high for a cpu and gpu. Depending upon make and model of each temps do not become an issue until around 60C on cpu 70C for gpu.

Like Hefe said, 30c is a fine temperature. Especially after gaming for a while. You don't have anything to worry about.

Once it starts getting over 50*c that's when it's starting to get pretty warm. My HD4870 was running at 70*c during crysis back before I liquid cooled it. :freak: It runs at a COOL 35-40*c during games now.

Most of us would LOVE to see 30* for gaming temps... :D

Ok good, Is there any programs to show my Temperatures? Like Widgets? or anything?

Core Temp is a very accurate CPU temperature program, and free. Also SpeedFan. For GPU you could use Riva Tuner. If you are using an ATI card, Catalyst Control Center should be sufficient.

Like james said, core temp is very good. Also Real Temp i have found to be a great program. haha my i7 hits 70c at full load so 30c is just peachy!

I'm always trying out different Monitoring programs. Right now my favorite is HWMonitor. It pretty much shows you everything you can think of.

HWMonitor 1.14 download from Guru3D.com

hwmonitor.jpg

Looks a lot like Everest. I like Everest because, as you said, shows pretty much everything. I like free programs better though...I think I will try HWMonitor :D nice link slay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom