OVER budget need video card still!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

erindalton420850

Solid State Member
Hey guys I just purchased everything for my new build and realized I only have 100 left for my video card budget.. of the original 200 and my budget is very strict... here is my setup

ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA / SE LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard got the mobo at the flea market unopened for $30

Q6600 Quad Core and 4GB DDR2 Ram

I would really like built in hdmi or something that will handle the blu-ray burner/drive i am getting. I game but nothing hardcore.... a little bit of counterstrike and some other games like sims for the wifey and some other games but nothing super hardcore. if you guys can tell me a mediocre video card for under 100 to get me started and i will upgrade around tax season.

HD 4830, HD 4770, HD 4850 (if you are lucky)

And neither of these cards are mediocre by today's standards..

All of these cards come with a DVI to HDMI dongle that does transfer Audio

ok well newegg has a couple of those i can handle.... i noticed some have 2 dvi and 1 svideo and some have 1 dvi 1 vga and 1 hdmi... is there a better of the two... i currently use 3 monitors 2 only have vga and my sony 52".... i highly doubt the card will handle all 3 at once right?? if so would my booboo geforce fx5500 work to support one of the vga then plug in the other two to the new card? sorry but this is my first build

ok well newegg has a couple of those i can handle.... i noticed some have 2 dvi and 1 svideo and some have 1 dvi 1 vga and 1 hdmi... is there a better of the two... i currently use 3 monitors 2 only have vga and my sony 52".... i highly doubt the card will handle all 3 at once right?? if so would my booboo geforce fx5500 work to support one of the vga then plug in the other two to the new card? sorry but this is my first build

It might, do you have the picture of the card?

Worse come to worse, you can always get a DVI to Dual DVI dongle so you can do 3 at the same time

Ya.. Dooo want...

I posted it in Hot Deals a couple of days ago :D

And with the double lifetime warranty, if the card dies, you can get a replacement :d

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

A 4850 for $100+shipping.

I personally have had good experiences with Sapphire, although that has not been true for several other forum members. I do admit now that XFX are making ATI boards I am much more tempted to go that way just for the warranty, but it is hard to beat the price on this card and I have a personal distaste for buying anything recertified/refurbished.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100245L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

A 4850 for $100+shipping.

I personally have had good experiences with Sapphire, although that has not been true for several other forum members. I do admit now that XFX are making ATI boards I am much more tempted to go that way just for the warranty, but it is hard to beat the price on this card and I have a personal distaste for buying anything recertified/refurbished.

Yeah i usually do as well. But with that card it's XFX and even though it's recertified it still has it's double lifetime warranty ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom