AMD 790GX ATX motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of them do cap at like 3.3ghz though (or less), and this one is actually stable enough to pass Validation from the looks of it.

You'd really need strong power regulation for 3.7GHZ to be possible with a 65nm K10.
Though most people do overclock using the multiplier with K10/K10.5 anyway.

power regulation isn't the only factor in OC performance on the board side. It's a shame that agena couldn't fsb oc for anything, because there is no way to know just how good any of those boards handle.

power regulation isn't the only factor in OC performance on the board side. It's a shame that agena couldn't htt oc for anything, because there is no way to know just how good any of those boards handle.
power regulation is one of the biggest factors.
BIOS is another major factors, and the HA06/HA07 boards have it pretty good there.

With Phenom and Phenom II's, the core speed is relatively independent of both the HTT speed and NB speed (though L3 cache runs at NB speed). And you can adjust HTT speed and NB speed using an individual multiplier for both.

On top of that, there's RAM dividers.
So you can increase HTT speed, NB speed, core speed and RAM speed, and set the voltage for each individually without touching the base HTT clock.

I mean, most people will just bump core volts and core multiplier up and that's it. Though K10/K10.5 overclocking can be more complicated and more tweakable than that (i.e. you have far more options).

So which Jetway motherboard should I go for my build? I want to go for an ATX motherboard.
I also hope to get cool temperatures and no-overheating component issues with JEtway since I plan on running things at stock for a while.

And I just read somewhere that ASRock is actually under ASUS?
Does that mean its as reliable?

The reviews on NewEgg dont sound that bad ...

Never trust newegg reviews.

Asus is the parent company os Asrock, but Asrock is very cheap. I wouldn't buy from them. And i still say don't go with Jetway. The Biostar is just fine.

Any thoughts on GIGABYTE's GA-MA780G-UD3H ($96.00 CAD) and MA790GP-UD4H AMD790GX ATX ($143.58 CAD) ?

The ECS BLACK SERIES A780GM-A although has over 500 reviews, most of them were mixed.

The Biostar motherboard TFORCE TA790GX suggested by Thresh25 is priced at $130.00 CAD

The Jetway JHA08-LF 790GX is $120.00 CAD

So which one should I go for ? I dont mind spending an extra $10 or $20 and get the better board out of all the four.

GIGABYTE's GA-MA780G-UD3H ($96.00 CAD)
GIGABYTE's MA790GP-UD4H 790GX ATX ($143.58 CAD)
ECS BLACK SERIES A780GM-A ($90.00 CAD )
Biostar TFORCE TA790GX ($130.00 CAD)
Jetway JHA08-LF 790GX ($120.00 CAD)
Foxconn A7DA-S ( $120.00 CAD)

Basically, I just want a motherboard that will last me a long time without dying on me.
I am just confused. Once again the processor is AM3 socket X2 250 3.0 GHZ with a 65W
power rating (as the ad says)

-Thanks!

the 780g is older than the 790gx boards, so if you are considering those in your budget, then just leave the 780g out of the choices.

and ECS is a crappy brand, so take that out of your choices too. then just choose from the ones that are left. they will all support the regor cpu.

the 780g is older than the 790gx boards, so if you are considering those in your budget, then just leave the 780g out of the choices.

and ECS is a crappy brand, so take that out of your choices too. then just choose from the ones that are left. they will all support the regor cpu.

AsRock seemed like a good choice coz it offered the most bang for the buck but alot of people were against it..

Lookin out for Gigabyte now..

I'm iffy with ASRock. Yes, they are made by ASUS, but it's the budget version of ASUS basically, and that's not always a good thing. I've used plenty of ASRock boards in the past on customers' machines with rarely any problems. They work fine in normal everyday machines, but for people like us that like to stress and actually use our machines, I wouldn't recommend them. There are some nice Biostar boards that are pretty cheap at the moment, those would suit you pretty well.

Gigabyte is a good brand too, but tend to be a bit more expensive. It all comes down to what you want to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom