AMD 790GX ATX motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon guys, keep it civil please.

It is civil. It never wasn't civil.

@Vern

I was never that hard on Biostar. Until the P45s i considered them 2nd or 3rd tier, but I put jetway in another category. And even then it took a WR and several great boards to get me to go with them. A years worth of flawless operation at 3.8ghz doesn't hurt either. jetway hasn't done a thing to make me change my opinion of them. I haven't heard of them turning around on quality and I haven't heard of massive OCs. You can say that OCs don't mean everything, but board that can handle a good OC is also a well built board, otherwise it couldn't do it. OC ability tells you a lot about it.

Oh, this is far from a flame-fest.
Problem is sometimes tone can be ambiguous with text.

Definitely.. I mean this is nowhere near the direction of an Apokalipse vs Maroon1 flamefest.

In this case the two sides actually respect each other, whereas in the other case, one was trying to be nice and civil, the other just tried to be a butthole on purpose

I agree, I would personally go with the JetWay, it's the cheaper solution. You said you were "poor" and trying to secure a decent AMD build. I took a risk going with a board that had terrible reviews, and a "not-so-great" IGP, but I am more than happy with my choice. Take the chance with JetWay, if you're not pleased, return it. That was my plan, but never returned my board. If you want to save some money, go with a 760G motherboard, again not the greatest IGP, but you save enough to get a graphics card, and you can get better quality.

It is civil. It never wasn't civil.

@Vern

I was never that hard on Biostar. Until the P45s i considered them 2nd or 3rd tier, but I put jetway in another category. And even then it took a WR and several great boards to get me to go with them. A years worth of flawless operation at 3.8ghz doesn't hurt either. jetway hasn't done a thing to make me change my opinion of them. I haven't heard of them turning around on quality and I haven't heard of massive OCs. You can say that OCs don't mean everything, but board that can handle a good OC is also a well built board, otherwise it couldn't do it. OC ability tells you a lot about it.

You got me man..

Until I can get a decent cooler, I'm in no position to argue :(

But I'll try later to see what I can get in terms of temps on this X2 5000+

I didn't say it was a full blown flame fest, but that doesn't mean it can't turn into one. It's just a reminder.

You got me man..

Until I can get a decent cooler, I'm in no position to argue :(

But I'll try later to see what I can get in terms of temps on this X2 5000+

I'm honestly interested to see what it is capable of. You may surprise me yet. My personal jetway experience has been less than great, and the only place I have seen it used in any large numbers consistently is in Mini-itx as they are one of the few companies who support it well.

While the HA06-GT might not be a record holder, it would definitely be pretty good in terms of overclocking.

The HA07 Ultra is the same board, but using a 790GX (Radeon 3300 IGP) instead of a 780G (Radeon 3200), and look:
vali37001ibr.jpg

Spot the difference:
http://www.hardware.info/images/news/ha06ultra_550.jpg
http://www.jetway.com.tw/pic/big/ha07-ultra.jpg

That's a pretty good OC considering its a Phenom 9950 (no offense to AMD though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom