*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

(sorry for jacking the thread but...)
What kind of temps should I be seeing just at stock speeds with a stock cooler on an i7 920 under full load?

if i remember correctly back when mine was stock i was getting somewhere in the low to mid 60s

Edit: oh sweet....just noticed i have two green boxes ^_^

I'm getting mid to high 60's, sometimes even hitting low 70's. I'm wondering if that's worth an RMA.

take a look at the CPU and see if it needs lapping.......i've been thinking that that might be the problem with me...although i have pretty good temps on water cooling. The i7's are notorious for not being flat at all......but do remember that if you do decide to lapp it, it will void the warranty

haha thanks vern -_0

I'm sure hef will have some insight as well, so you can have a few different opinions and such. Me, I have no idea about the i7 temps, but mid to high 60s sounds really high on stock.

yeah, but the i7 does have a Tj-Max of 100c...so it's really only at 60% of max operating temps

holy ****! I just had a closer look at the cpu, it's shaped like a friggin banana. I'm gonna see if they'll let me RMA it, if not it looks like it's time to bring out the sandpaper (or grit paper, whatever...)

oh thats not good >_< sorry to hear about that......now i need to look at mine too......HAHAH!

Back
Top Bottom