Need some decision help

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentnibbles

Baseband Member
Hey,

I just want to upgrade some parts for my computer. I haven't been keeping up with reviews and legitimacy of products, so I want a quick opinion.

I currently have a GeForce 9800GTX, but it is being bottlenecked by my old socket 939 amd 3800+ dual core cpu.

I have 2GB of Corsair XMS DDR2, and I really don't want to waste money on some new memory.

So I would like you guys to find me a good motherboard/cpu combo (amd/intel - whatever is faster) (preferably newegg) for just under 300ish.

Some applications I use are Sony Vegas, Adobe Photoshop, Call of Duty 4/5, Counter-Strike: Source.

BTW - I have a 550watt powersupply. Should i upgrade for this?

I would go with the Gigabyte board vernong linked.
And I have to agree about the Power Supply, give us the Make and Model as not all 550 watt power supplies are equal.

I hate that about companies..

They tend to inflate the wattage by putting more amps on the 5v Rails (Raidmax, Aspire, Dynapower, Apevia)

And then there are the good companies like Corsair, PC Power and Cooling who like to deflate their wattage. (which sucks because people avoid them because they deflate their wattages ) :(

END RANT!

Agreed. The Make and Model are fine. The only problem you may have is if it's more than a couple of years old. Almost everything degrades a little over time, but an Antec should have a better than average lifespan. I'd go for it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom