AMD 790GX ATX motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you only consider it if it held records? it's a cheap board. It's not going to be the best, but it's still pretty good.
Also, brand doesn't really mean much, when the quality of boards from every brand can vary a lot.

The point of recommending it is that the price of the board is very low for what you get out of it.

low cost doesn't mean a thing if it fails and you have to spend more time and money replacing it down the road.

Guys, heres a shocker (for me atleast).

The Gigabyte board I chose for myself is priced at $171.00 CAD + tax + shipping
and that's the deal breaker for me right there. (just type dot(.)ca instead of dot com in the Newegg link).

Brothers, should I go for the ASRock instead? or consider the older 780g Gigabyte?

Please Help.

-Sad Techie :(

low cost doesn't mean a thing if it fails and you have to spend more time and money replacing it down the road.
A good board can fail too.

The HA06-GT is a good board.
Of course it's possible that it can fail. So can a MA790X-UD4P. So can an Asus M4A79 Deluxe. My K9A2 Platinum did.

I really don't get why people keep ripping on the HA06-GT though.

A good board can fail too.

The HA06-GT is a good board.
Of course it's possible that it can fail. So can a MA790X-UD4P. So can an Asus M4A79 Deluxe. My K9A2 Platinum did.

I really don't get why people keep ripping on the HA06-GT though.

Anything can fail, but the likelihood of a quality board failing is much lower than a cheap one.

At the OP, don't buy Asrock. Don't ever buy Asrock.

Anything can fail, but the likelihood of a quality board failing is much lower than a cheap one.
The likelihood of it failing isn't simply dependant on price.

At best, there's only going to be a statistical probability of boards in general failing vs purchase cost.
But it is logically flawed to conclude that a particular board which is cheap is necessarily going to fail. You'd be looking at the statistics the wrong way around if you did.

As with all generalisations which agree with statistics, there's pretty much always going to be exceptions.
the HA06-GT is one of them.
There's plenty of boards I won't recommend. And most of them are cheap ones.
I don't not recommend them because they're cheap, though. I look at the quality of the board first, then the price.

But, Biostar was a brand that you (and others, myself included) would never ever recommend, and they have turned around, IMO the same thing has happened with Jetway, which btw, has an amazing feature set for $70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom