Do I need a new power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veregund

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I'm rehauling my current rig, and I'm curious if I need a new power supply. Here is what I'm thinking:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Also, theres a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS and a 1TB HD if that is relevant.

I'm not sure exactly what you need to know about my current power supply, so ill just type all the info that is on the sticker:

Model: HPC-420-302 DF
AC Input: 100-240V 8A
Frequency: 50-60 Hz
Peak Load: 480W
There is also a chart on the sticker labeled DC Output. If you need that as well, PLEASE ask!

Almost definitely; it just about meets the requirements for such a rig (it should be over the requirements), and it's not exactly a high-quality PSU.

This is a good power supply, might be a little out of your budget though. I would have recommended the 550W below it but in Newegg's infinite wisdom the 650W is cheaper.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
It's $80 with MIR, free shipping.

That will power your planned rig easily and leave room for future upgrades, including crossfire provided you get a motherboard which supports it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom