Gaming Build soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a $2500 budget I would go SSD. If not then I would stick to the WD Black.

I have the Lian-Li A70B it's a Great case but slightly more expensive than the CM.
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A70B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

You should be happy with GTX 285's in SLI

The Corsair 850 is Top-Notch

The OCZ Platinum is Great Memory, if you want better then wait until the OCZ Blade Series DDR3 2000 PC3 16000 is back in stock.
Newegg.com - OCZ Blade Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK - Desktop Memory

The True is the King if you don't mind Lapping it. If I had to pick a different Heatsink I would go with one of these.
Prolimatech Megahalem for Intel Socket 775 /1366 Products Model: MEGAHALEM [MEGAHALEM] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Ok so I'll be going 2 285's but which ones? EVGA I assume but is the 2gig version really worth it?

Ok so what would be the best SSD to go with? If not then I would assume go with a 640gig Caviar Black for OS/Games then a 1TB Black for storage? Either way I'm going to get a 1TB Black for storage....

To Saltynay... I'm sorry for being inexperienced but I am trying to learn as much as possible... I'm really picky when it comes to spending large amounts of money so I want to be sure to pick the right stuff before I dish out over $2,000....

Any other suggestions on builds?

What is the difference between the Blacks and these....
Newegg.com - Western Digital RE3 WD1002FBYS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - Western Digital RE3 WD7502ABYS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar GP WD10000LSRTL 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

I am not blaming you for being inexperienced merely trying to save you money by saying that it is an unnecessary expense, sorry if it came across as that. We are all learning I started off as a complete learner aswell and stumbled all the way now I confident enough in my knowledge to challenge others even though I have been out of the game for 2 months due to the lovely weather in the UK.

I have spent thousands on my pcs thats why I never look in the box filled with my reciepts and invoices. I only ever spent it on tech I was confident in but still its a burden.

The brilliance of the caviar blacks is that they have a low spindle count so the header does not need to move over so many disks to find the information like a cd if you have a cd player with 6 cd bays and you want to listen to a certain song it may take you a long time to find it as you need to go through each cd. Imagine the 6 cds was condensed to 2 cds now you only have to search for a third of the amount of time therefore its very fast. You then have to look at benchmarks employing vantage and graphics benchmarking and real world perforance tests involving hd video, game loading times and various other intensive tasks. Fortunately the "gurus" on here keep upto date on such things so we can guide you however we do not like to just splurge out the knowledge as you don't learn anything, your independent research and coming back to us with different ideas and questions is much more rewarding as we feel we have taught you a skill.

The harddrives you mentioned bar the different capacities. One is retail whilst the rest are OEM these means you are paying extra for the packaging as OEM stands for Original equiptment manufacturer so you get the same hardware without the fancy box and possibly some accessories which for hdds don't matter. Apart from that the newegg specs don't give many details you would need to look up a review using hdtune to directly compare the harddrive types and know the difference. As I already stated i haven't been an active member so not hot on the reviews atm as I used to be but generally the RE3 is the revision 3 series for industrial server processes and is suppose to be more rugged in a server environment and the GP series is the black series adapted again for server usage.

I have already told you the best ssd to go with preferably 2 of those in raid0 and I would get a seagate 7200.11 or western digital green for storage as the black is the high performance range they have slightly increased speed which is needed for storage type applications. Personally I run 500gb 7200.12 seagate barracuda as main, 7200.11 barracuda 320gb as dl and recovery storage, 500gbx2 7200.10 in raid0 as storage drives. Giving me a total of 1.82tb worth of data storage and tbh I am starting to get a bit tight on space lol.

I am not blaming you for being inexperienced merely trying to save you money by saying that it is an unnecessary expense, sorry if it came across as that. We are all learning I started off as a complete learner aswell and stumbled all the way now I confident enough in my knowledge to challenge others even though I have been out of the game for 2 months due to the lovely weather in the UK.

I have spent thousands on my pcs thats why I never look in the box filled with my reciepts and invoices. I only ever spent it on tech I was confident in but still its a burden.

The brilliance of the caviar blacks is that they have a low spindle count so the header does not need to move over so many disks to find the information like a cd if you have a cd player with 6 cd bays and you want to listen to a certain song it may take you a long time to find it as you need to go through each cd. Imagine the 6 cds was condensed to 2 cds now you only have to search for a third of the amount of time therefore its very fast. You then have to look at benchmarks employing vantage and graphics benchmarking and real world perforance tests involving hd video, game loading times and various other intensive tasks. Fortunately the "gurus" on here keep upto date on such things so we can guide you however we do not like to just splurge out the knowledge as you don't learn anything, your independent research and coming back to us with different ideas and questions is much more rewarding as we feel we have taught you a skill.

The harddrives you mentioned bar the different capacities. One is retail whilst the rest are OEM these means you are paying extra for the packaging as OEM stands for Original equiptment manufacturer so you get the same hardware without the fancy box and possibly some accessories which for hdds don't matter. Apart from that the newegg specs don't give many details you would need to look up a review using hdtune to directly compare the harddrive types and know the difference. As I already stated i haven't been an active member so not hot on the reviews atm as I used to be but generally the RE3 is the revision 3 series for industrial server processes and is suppose to be more rugged in a server environment and the GP series is the black series adapted again for server usage.

I have already told you the best ssd to go with preferably 2 of those in raid0 and I would get a seagate 7200.11 or western digital green for storage as the black is the high performance range they have slightly increased speed which is needed for storage type applications. Personally I run 500gb 7200.12 seagate barracuda as main, 7200.11 barracuda 320gb as dl and recovery storage, 500gbx2 7200.10 in raid0 as storage drives. Giving me a total of 1.82tb worth of data storage and tbh I am starting to get a bit tight on space lol.

Thanks for the great analogy... makes a lot of sense.... also thank you for the info on the HDDs I linked.... what would you suggest for a single SSD as the OS/Game drive?

New Wish list....

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Any suggestions about the monitor or is this one a good one? I was recommended it awhile ago but it still looks like a good choice....

I think I'm going to stay away from SSD's for now because after the video card and heat-sink I will be near my budget limit...

All that is left is a GTX285 and a Heat-Sink..... What would be the best GTX285 to get? For now I might just go with one and get a second later on.... any suggestions on the build and or the Video card/Monitor would be greatly appreciated....

i would get the evga 285 because they seem to have really good customer support for everything. plus it costs the same thing and also has lifetime warranty. you can get it in a combo with your ram too, save some money.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

for a HSF for the cpu, get this, and drop the thermal paste that you picked out seperately, this already comes with tuniq tx-2 thermal paste.

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

and you'll need the bracket so that it fits onto the mobo

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-LGA1366 LGA 1366 Core I7 Socket Retention Bracket Set - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom