Need help building fairly high end performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpin3star

Baseband Member
Okay, so I've got anywhere from 800-1000 dollars to spend on a new rig (if it's 100-200 over I could deal with it). I'm fairly new to computers and am not sure on the components I should be mainly focusing on:eek:. The computer is mainly going to be used to play games like Crysis, CoD4, and Fallout 3. I need a fresh start and some good suggestions on the build. This will be my first PC built by myself so I'm not sure of compatibility of parts or anything, so would appreciate some help.

I'm pretty much looking for everything that my PC will need to run these games at a pretty high performance, including cords if they don't come with the respective parts. Also, I do not have access to soldering equipment, so if that can be avoided (if it is ever needed?) that would be great.

That would be great! I have a HP Pavilion a600n which I could use the case / drives from it if the other parts fit correctly which could save some money. The PSU is useless though. Not sure about the motherboard but I wouldn't really mind gutting the thing and replacing the motherboard, cpu, gpu, psu, and hard drive if need be (already have Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5 - Desktop Memory but may want to upgrade to ddr3 if it's reasonable and performance enhancing).

So IF it's possible to utilize this case / optical drive and still get a pretty top notch system that would be even better.

I wouldn't build a new PC in a HP case, or a Dell, e-machine, etc... There just to small and they lack good airflow which is needed on a higher end PC. Optical Drives are cheap, $25 or so. And the DDR2 won't be compatible with a i7. DDR3 is the way to go. I have to run into town but I'll throw a parts list together in an hour or 2. And I'm sure you'll get some other suggestions as well :D

That build is great, everything is compatible. If you could spend a little more you could make these improvements but they're not necessary.

Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1600LV6GK - Desktop Memory

These are $15 more and have faster timings.

Newegg.com - XCLIO A380BK Fully Black SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

The case you mentioned is a mid tower, which isn't bad, but a full tower will have more room and better air flow. These are both excellent choices.

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1280-TR GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

This GPU is a little faster and I personally find NVIDIA cards have less problems. However, the card you chose is great too.

As for the cooler, you will need the retention bracket to attach it. Are you going to be overclocking? If not then that cooler is unnecessary.

Good luck on your build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom