Phenom 955 ve HD4890 Heating Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinelock

Beta member
I have Phenom II X4 955 and PowerColor HD4890 PCS+ and I think there are some heating problem. When I play Call of Duty 4 on very high graphic about 1,5 hours my pc stuck and I have to reset. After a half an hour temperatures are still high, like CPU is 58 and GPU is 72.
My mainboard is GA-MA790X-UD4P Bios F4 and Case: CoolerMaster RC-690 600W

On desktop it's like this:
98432391.jpg

CPU fan is very fast I suppose.

Is there any cooling problem or my temps are normal?

Thanks for helping

Those are fairly high temps, especially for the GPU. Sounds like the inside of your case could do with a dusting. An easier option would be to use the ATI Overdrive program you have there to increase the fan speed; it would seem the default is 40%, try putting it at 50-60%. Also if you have any way of increasing the fan speed on your CPU that would likely help too.

I increased fan speed for graphic card @50% temp is 52. It helps but is this normal? I mean, every hd4890 is like that?

I try to increase cpu fan speed but that program SpeedFan doesn't allow. It seems fan is 100% and can be only decreased.

I increased fan speed for graphic card @50% temp is 52. It helps but is this normal? I mean, every hd4890 is like that?

I try to increase cpu fan speed but that program SpeedFan doesn't allow. It seems fan is 100% and can be only decreased.

I'm not entirely sure how hot 4890s should be on idle, but that sounds a little hot too me.

I think your next step should be dusting the inside of your case - a can of compressed air is best to remove any built-up dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom